Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Barbara Kingsley Notes: Stephen through Daniel and George


 
[note: I am very happy about being able to share these documents with everyone (Thank you Jessica) but be forewarned that we have found many clerical errors and inconsistancies while also suffering from the fact that there are no citations. Parallel investigation shows that a good deal of the data comes from the Vital Records of places like Bridgewater and Eaton MA. Please treat with caution.]

The blog will only let me keep a 200 character string for my labels (family names) so I had to delete quite a few names from the list. Here is a more complete list:




3 comments:

  1. Well, starting from the bottom up... I started feeling left out with George Elbert not being included as Daniels son, but I guess your Frances Anna isn't there either, is she? LOL. Guess I am not alone. I think this is about the same family tree I investigated before when I couldn't link George's father, Daniel, with Seth's son, Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My belief is that Barbara got her information about Daniel's children from Frances and that is why she wasn't included.. just a theory.

    Yeah, I speculated with this family of Kingsley's back in 2001 but I never found any confirmation so I dropped it. I'm hoping to be able to make the connection now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conflicts and errors:

    Daniel Kingsley is buried in Pittsford Cemetery, not "Old Pioneer Cemetery". He is born in 1826 on one page and 1825 on the other.

    Eliza Wiggins is (1830-1862) on one page and (1832-1862) on the other.

    Susan Kinny and Kenny, with varying birth and death dates.

    For Lorin J. Kingsley, La Grange is Lagrange.

    States that all of Calvin's children were born in Easton, Bristol, MA (which includes Seth) but states Seth's birthplace elsewhere as Belchertown, MA (which is in Hampshire Co., 90 miles away).

    (interesting note that there is a Betty Kingsley married to Dr. John Ray but no Sabrah as indicated in the cemetery)

    Calvin has two locations for his marriage - Easton MA and East Bridgewater MA.

    Louise Kingsley (dtr of Nathan) was married with 7 kids, yet her birth and death happened in the same decade (typo?).

    ...ok that is pg04 to pg07... good place to stop for now.

    ReplyDelete